Sunday 9 February 2014

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

I visited the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi late in 2013 with friends from Sweden.  The Mosque was built by the late Sheik Zayed and the first service to be held there was his funeral.  He is now interred in a small mausoleum in the grounds.  The best time to visit is late afternoon, just before sunset, when the light is striking and just right for photographs.

I was not set up for architectural photographs - no tripod or timer, and in any event I was sight seeing with friends.  I did manage to snap a couple of worth while images along the way though, including this Indian family trying to make a baby smile for a group photograph.



Ladies are allowed in the mosque, but must wear an Abaya to cover hair and the form of the body.  My two friends are modeling the Abaya below....  These can be borrowed at the mosque.  More information on the Mosque may be found here:   SZGMAD






No comments:

Post a Comment